web analytics

What Can You Do To Prevent Getting A Bacterial Infection

What is bacterial vaginosis

Bacterialvaginosis is a disease that's caused by the overgrowth of a type of bacteria that's called Gardnerella vaginalis, Gardnerella vaginalis. And as the name might suggest, this is the most common vaginal infection. Now I wanna put these really big quotes

around the term infection because the thing that's interesting about Gardnerella vaginalis is that it's a bacteriathat's naturally found in the vagina. Now some may consider this to be a sexually transmitted infection, which is interestingbecause it doesn't cause

any problems until there'stoo much of it there. So when we look to the causes of bacterial vaginosis, they are all things that change the vaginal environment. That can include acts like douching, so douching, or rinsing of the vagina. The other is having newor multiple sex partners.

And finally, another known cause is the use of antibiotics. This could be in the case of somebody that has a throat infection or a pneumonia that's on antibiotics which will then attackthe bacteria that exists within the vagina andallow Gardnerella vaginalis to overgrow and cause bacterial vaginosis.

So we've touched a little bit on it here, but I wanna draw it out. So when we talk about the pathophysiology of a disease, we'retalking about the mechanism by which that disease occurs. So in order to understandthe pathophysiology of bacterial vaginosis, we need to take a look at a sample of bacteria

that exists in the vagina. So I'll draw out someGardnerella vaginalis bacteria, and so I'll put this up in our key. This is the symbol forGardnerella vaginalis. And I'll draw a few of them around here, but I also wanna show that there are a lot of other bacteriathat exist in this sample. So if you really look at it here,

How to treat and Clean a Wound to Prevent Bacterial Infection

Prevent a skin infection by properly cleaningand bandaging a wound right away. Proper first aid treatment is essential tohelping prevent a bacterial infection, but you should not attempt to treat a severe fleshwound by yourself. If the wound is deep, wide, or bleeding alot, you should seek medical help immediately. Wash your hands before treating a wound. If you treat a wound with dirty hands, youwill increase the chances of a bacterial infection. Wash your hands with warm water and antibacterialsoap for 20 seconds and dry them well. Wear clean vinyl or latex gloves if they areavailable.

Avoid latex gloves if you have a latex allergy. Keep pressure on the wound until it stopsbleeding. If the bleeding is severe, seek medical attentionimmediately. Do not attempt to treat a severe wound byyourself. Go to an emergency room or call 9 1 1. Clean the wound with warm running water. Hold the wound under a gentle stream of runningwater to clean it. Do not use soap on the wound unless it appearsvisibly dirty.

If it does seem dirty, clean around the woundgently with a mild soap. Also, do not use hydrogen peroxide to cleana wound. Hydrogen peroxide can interfere with healing. If you notice any debris in the wound, youcan try to remove it with tweezers that have been sterilized with alcohol. If you do not feel comfortable doing that,you can go to a for treatment. Apply ointment. An antibiotic ointment, such as Neosporin,can help a wound heal faster and can help

keep infection at bay. Gently apply the ointment to the wounded areaafter cleaning. Bandage the wound. If the wound is a small scrape, leave it opento the air. If the wound is deeper, cover it with a sterilegauze. A nonstick bandage held in place with medicaltape is the best option for larger wounds, though large bandaids may also work. Be sure that you do not put the adhesive areaof a bandage over a wound, as it may reopen

the wound when you remove it. Change the gauze once a day if it is dirty. A good time to change the gauze is when youtake a shower. Watch for signs of infection. If the wound is red, swollen, draining pus,streaking red away from the wound, or just looking worse, call your .

4 Nastiest Parasites in the World

These are the four nastiest parasites in theworld. Warning: this content may be disturbing to most people. Number 4: The Guinea WormThe guinea worm is a nematode that causes disease most commonly referred to as “guineaworm disease.� This disease is caused by people drinking water that has been contaminatedby guinea worms and water fleas. When one is infected with a guinea worm, they willfirst not feel any symptoms. Then after a year or so, they'll begin feeling a burningsensation on their skin. This is the worm developing blisters underneath its host'sskin. They will also experience nausea, vomiting,

fevers, rashes, and dizziness. If the wormis not removed, it will likely die inside of the human, causing paralysis of the spinalcord or arthritis in the joints. Guinea worms often grow longer than 2 feetlong. Although the worm can be removed, they do form ulcers in the process that can becomeinfected. The resulting pain has the potential of lasting up to a few months. There are novaccines for guinea worms, but steps to prevent the disease from getting worse can and shouldbe taken. Submerging the infected area into water forcesthe worm to discharge its larva, thus lowering the risk of infection. The worm is then removedby wrapping it around a stick and slowly pulling

it out, a process that is said to feel likethe infected area is literally on fire. In the most extreme of cases, this removal processcan take up to several weeks. Number 3: Filarial WormsFilarial worms are parasites that are passed on to humans through mosquitoes. Similar toguinea worms, filarial worms reside in the body for roughly a year after infecting someone.They then move into the lymphatic system and clog up excess fluids in the region wherethe worms have settled. This causes the fluid to accumulate and therefore enlarge the areahosting the worms. This disease is known as Elephantiasis Tropica.

In addition to the lymphatic build up, filarialworms cause skin rashes and arthritis. They even have the capacity to cause river blindness,which is one of the leading causes of blindness in the world. Different types of medicine and surgery havebeen used to treat those infected with filarial worms. The World Health Organization claimsthey are on track towards eliminating the disease through a process known as geotargeting. Number 2: PinwormsPinworms are nematodes responsible for one of the most common parasitic infections inthe world. This infection is known as enterobiasis.

The pinworms themselves are very small, reachingup to only 13 mm in length. However, once they infect a host they cause intense itchingand sometimes pain near the anus. As a result, bacterial infections are often associatedwith pinworms. Other possible symptoms include irritability, insomnia, appetite and weightloss, urinary tract infections, and uncontrolled urination. Those who have ingested pinworm eggs oftendo so from contaminated food, water, or from other people. But medicine for these infectionsis considered to be very effective. Additionally for those infected, there still remains ahigh possibility of reinfection even after

they've already been treated. This is dueto the fact that drugs kill the pinworms but not the eggs themselves. Therefore, it isoften recommended that patients seek continued treatment for two to three weeks after theirinitial treatment. Number 1: New World ScrewwormThe new world screwworm is a parasite that is known for feeding on live tissue. They'reindigenous to Central and South America. The new world screwworm is known to infect thewounds of large animals such as cattle, horses, and sheep. There have been, however, manyinstances where they've affected humans as well.

Leave a Reply